The Durban Gay & Lesbian Film Festival will screen The Commitment three times over the course of the twenty-day event. The film will show on Sunday, June 16, 2013, at 4:00 PM; Wednesday, June 19, at 8:00 PM, and Saturday, June 22, at 6:30 PM. All screenings take place at the KwaZulu-Natal Society of Arts (KZNSA) Gallery.
The Commitment is part of the festival’s “Domestic Bliss” Short Film Package, which includes five other short films:
- Absence of Love (USA, 2012), directed by Billy Gerard Frank
- Brighton (UK, 2012), directed by Pierre Stefanos
- House for Sale (Canada, 2012), directed by Eisha Marjara
- Incident (USA, 2012), directed by Daniel F. Cardone
- Last Man Out (USA, 2012), directed by David M. Young
David M. Young, who directed Last Man Out, is also a Boston-area filmmaker and a friend of 7 Fluid Oz. Productions. His previous film, Hitchcocked, screened at over eighty film festivals around the world, won several awards, and was selected for inclusion in the DVD short-film compilation, Boy Crush.
Learn more about David M. Young’s film work.
The Commitment Image © 2012 Chanal Productions