Film Terms: H

Back to Film Terms

High-Angle Shot
A high-angle shot is filmed from above, looking down on a subject. In the case of an actor, a high-angle shot is filmed from above the imaginary plane created by the subject's eyes.
High-Key Lighting
High-key lighting is bright, evenly-distributed illumination. High-key lighting is commonly used in sitcoms and comedic films.
An HMI (hydrargyrum medium-arc iodide) is a metal-halide, medium arc-length lamp used on film sets. HMI, which is technically a trademark of the Osram company, has become a generic term in the film industry for this type of light.

Back to Film Terms | G | I