Film Terms: G

Back to Film Terms

The Gaffer is the head of the electrical department on a film set. The Gaffer works hand-in-hand with the Key Grip to bring the Director of Photography's vision to life.
Gaffers Tape
Gaffers tape is a heavy-duty cloth tape designed specifically for use on film productions because it can be removed cleanly from most surfaces.
A gobo is a template placed in front of a light in order to create a specific lighting pattern.

Back to Film Terms | F | H